Savoury & Sweet Bowen
Walking Distance: 0.5-1 km approximately
Cost:$69.00 – 3% donated to Bowen Island Food Bank
“With a perfect blend of history and eating, the Savoury and Sweet Bowen Island food tour is a delightful way to spend an afternoon.” 604pulse.com blog May 29, 2015
Bowen Island has a wonderful variety of restaurants, fine foods and beverages to enjoy – from organic handmade pies to fine French bistro fare. This guided tour offers you the opportunity to taste a bit of Bowen, a delicious introduction to some of the island’s restaurants and a sampling of some of Bowen’s unique offerings. This tour reflects seasonal offerings, so venues and menus are subject to change. The tour includes stops at 7 or more venues with 10+ samplings. We also visit Davies Heritage Orchard and their charming cottage museum.
Our partners include:
- Rustique Bistro – West-Coast influenced French foods
- Lime & Moon Pie Company – handmade organic pies
- Shika Provisions – Asian fusion
- The Snug Cafe – a Bowen Institution
- Doc Morgan’s – one of the best patios on the island
- Candy in the Cove – self-proclaimed world’s smallest candy store
- Bowen Island Coffee – organic, island roasted coffee
- Bowen Island Beer & Wine Store
- The Ruddy Potato Deli – Bowen’s whole foods store & deli
- Cocoa West Chocolatier – handmade organic chocolates
Read more in this Daily Hive article, published June 23, 2016.
Things you should know:
- Please wear good walking shoes, as you will be walking on mixed and uneven surfaces.
- Tours run rain or shine so please wear appropriate clothing.
- This tour reflects seasonal offerings, so the tour menu and venues are subject to change.
- Your ticket will be refunded or transferred to another date if the minimum number of participants for a specific tour is not met.
- We understand that sometimes plans change. We will endeavour to accommodate changes but refunds or tour rescheduling are only available with more than 3 days notice before your scheduled tour.
- Please meet at the Visitor Information Centre, 432 Cardena, 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the tour. We are unable to provide refunds or reschedule tours if you arrive late or miss your ferry. Sometimes the ferry runs late and there are vehicle overloads. So, please ensure that you allow enough time for these circumstances.